Dogs are the most loyal creatures, it’s not for nothing that hearing the phrase “my four-legged friend” immediately appears in front of your eyes just this animal. They have been living side by side with a person for more than one millennium, helping him in everything. But what can a dog dream about when it has entered a dream, is it always a good sign, or can it be a warning?
One dog or a whole pack
In most cases, the dog in a dream is a positive character, but not always. Much depends on the interpretation and related factors.
For example, a whole flock of dogs symbolizes many problems, troubles and experiences that bother a person in real life. This dream warns of expected obstacles and dubious friends waiting for a person to make a mistake.
If dogs are well-disposed towards a person, they fondle and let themselves be stroked, then the dream radically changes its meaning. In this case, you can rely not only on your own strengths, but also on luck, which will accompany in all your endeavors. This dream portends that the time has come for the most daring changes, to change the field of activity or organize your business.
Naturally, sleep behavior is of great importance. If a flock of animals is friendly with each other, plays and frolics, then this is a sure sign that fruitful cooperation and a successful outcome of planned affairs are expected in a person’s life.
If the dogs are in a belligerent mood, they fight, sorting out the relationship with each other, then the sleeping person will have a discord with friends or colleagues in life, which will not be easy to forget. This is a warning dream, after which you need to be more careful in your statements or actions so as not to become the culprit of the quarrel.
In addition to the number of pets, the interpretation of sleep also depends on what kind of dog you dreamed about.
As in life, in a dream, many human associations at the sight of a dog depend on its appearance. A big dog can cause fear, and a tiny puppy can cause affection. What parameters of an animal should be paid attention to when interpreting sleep?
What is the dream of a big or small dog
An animal of impressive size indicates that a person has a good relationship with friends, based on trust. But if the dog inspires terror in the sleeping person, it means that in life he is afraid of his comrades. And this does not allow to fully open up to friends, to fully trust.
There are several interpretations of dreams, where a large dog appears:
- symbolizes reliability, success and prosperity – a large dog can become a defender against any kind of threats;
- sleep means that any troubles will lose their significance, become less important;
- a large dog can mean that an influential and powerful patron will appear in a person’s life.
Small dogs most often mean small but enjoyable chores. Perhaps the family is about to celebrate an important date, the birth of a baby is expected, or a wedding. Of course, preparing, choosing gifts, organizing a celebration is a troublesome business, but at the same time pleasant.
These same dogs warn that soon they will have to take care not only of their life priorities, but also to wonder if others agree with this arrangement.
Small dogs can represent younger relatives or companions who need protection.
Dreaming of a white, black, red dog
The color of the coat of a dreaming dog allows you to interpret sleep in different ways. So why can a dog of one color or another dream:
- Wool black color is a warning about a meeting with an enemy. Sometimes this dream suggests that someone in the environment has an evil intent, or the dreamer himself has lost faith in loved ones. In this case, having a frank conversation with friends helps.
- Wool white color – a messenger that a meeting with old good friends will soon take place, and the old relationship will quickly be restored. Also, a white dog can be a symbol of changes in life for the better.
- Redhead a dog is a sign of cunning on the part of the alleged allies. This means that the environment is acting dishonestly towards you, or they are preparing a conspiracy. If a man dreamed of a dog with such hair, then there is the likelihood of a dishonest colleague.
- Gray a dog’s coat means that in difficult times all loved ones will turn away. There is a great risk that the best friend will be on the other side of the barricades in the conflict.
- Brown dog – distrust on the part of an old acquaintance, which the sleeping person will have to dispel.
Dog of a certain breed
Quite often, a thoroughbred animal appears in people’s dreams. The dream itself speaks of a person’s desire to be in any company, to get a promotion at work, to find an influential patron. Moreover, the dog seems to suggest that friends will help to achieve the goal.
What is the significance of this or that breed of four-legged friends:
- The German Shepherd is a good sign that a person has friends ready to help. It will work out, especially if the activity has a connection with caring for the needy.
- The Rottweiler is a symbol of change, regardless of whether they are positive or negative, they will definitely cause difficulties for a person. It takes time for a person to come to terms with changes.
- Husky – the upcoming work is connected with communication with friendly and talented employees. Such activities will only bring satisfaction.
- Labrador – symbolizes a huge surge of energy in the workplace. Friends will help you build good relationships with your boss. Such a dog indicates that a person is confident in himself and his strengths.
- Dachshund – portends an unexpected joy at work that will affect many. All possible problems will be solved once or twice.
What does a dog do in a dream
The actions of the animal are very important. If a dog is sleeping, then this is a symbol of a person’s conscience. In addition, it is important what a four-legged friend looks like:
- If the dog is clean, with neat hair, it means that the sleeping person has a clear conscience.
- An animal covered in mud, shaggy and haggard means that there is a mass of thoughts, doubts, reflections in the head of a sleeping person. Perhaps this is a manifestation of guilt.
- A sleeping dog is dreaming, not letting pass – a symbol of the fact that a person’s soul is hard due to previously committed acts.
- The kindest cute dog personifies true friendship, which means that there is someone nearby to whom you can reveal any secret. This is a real support in all situations.
- A dog that aggressively barks at the dreamer – a dream notifies that a person will soon be drawn into a conflict.
- The Mad Dog warns that a big fight with his best friend can lead to him becoming the worst enemy.
- The chained dog says that it is worth being more careful in choosing friends, many of those around them are not at all.
Interesting interpretations of dreams from other dream books
How many people, so many opinions. If we consider different dream books, then we can see that a dog can symbolize completely different phenomena.
- Looking into an old Old Slavic dream book, you can read that a dog in a dream speaks of a person’s devotion and courage. Dream Interpretation Longo indicates that if a dog licks a person’s hand, then he will be lucky in his career. If the animal is asleep, then, most likely, you will have to give up all business and take care of the children.
- The interpreter of dreams Canonite indicates that if a dog is dreaming, then an unattainable goal can be achieved with maximum effort.
- Italians trust Manghetti’s dream book, according to him, dreams of dogs indicate who dominates in a relationship and who only obeys. Most often, these relationships are negative, since one of the participants suppresses the will of the other. These may not necessarily be married couples, but also mother-child, father-child, etc.
- The well-known Nostradamus also did not ignore the topic of dogs in a dream. Its interpretation is associated with the material situation of the sleeping person, more precisely, with his instability. In such a dream, there is a warning – it’s time to save money for a rainy day.
- Tsvetkov’s dream book says that the dog is a symbol of the upcoming victory. If a person is experiencing difficulties, then the case will be decided in any case in his favor.
- Freud focuses on the character and behavior of the animal, a kind dog dreams of new pleasant acquaintances, an evil one prophesies a quick quarrel, the dog fawns – a new love will appear soon, bitten – exhausting litigation awaits the sleeping person.
No matter what dreams prophesy, you should not rely only on them. You should benefit from them and build your life with your own hands.